of programmers every year. Its popularity is due to its friendliness to both beginners and advanced programmers:Django is robust enough to be used by the largest websites in the world. It is also flexible enough to be a good choice for early-stage startups and prototyping personal projects.
Here are some of the big names who use Django.
and the list goes on.
A web framework is a collection of modular tools that abstracts away much of the difficulty–and repetition–
inherent in web development. For example, most websites need the same basic functionality: the ability to
connect to a database, set URL routes, display content on a page, handle security properly, and so on.
Rather than recreate all of this from scratch, programmers over the years have created web frameworks in all the
major programming languages.
Django inherited Python’s “batteries-included” (It means you can use existing Python libraries to extend your app capabilities) approach and includes out-of-the box support for common tasks
in web development:
- user authentication templates
- admin interface: Django comes with built-in admin site to manage the content of the site. A real time saver!
- robust security: Django takes care of security issues like SQL injection, CSRF(Cross Site Request Forgery) etc. So you can just focus on the tasks you need to accomplish.
- Flexible and Scalable. Django is very flexible, you can amend the framework according to your particular needs. You can scale Django easily to meet your traffic demands.
- support for multiple database back end etc.
This approach makes our job as web developers much, much easier. We can focus on what makes our web
application unique rather than reinventing the wheel when it comes to standard web application functionality.
Millions of programmers have already used Django to build their websites. And this is undeniably a good thing.
Web development is hard. It doesn’t make sense to repeat the same code–and mistakes–when a large community
of brilliant developers has already solved these problems for us.
Django remains under active development and has a yearly release schedule. The Django community is
constantly adding new features and security improvements. If you’re building a website from scratch Django is a